LGBT Youth Scotland is looking to recruit sessional youth workers for the Scottish Borders.
The job is around 4-6 hours a week, with evening and occasional daytime working. Rate of pay is £9.74 or £10.81 per hour depending on experience.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- lead the delivery of a programme of youth work which targets LGBT young people across the Scottish Borders and promote improvements in health and wellbeing
- support young people’s involvement in the planning and delivery of youth work that meets their needs
- work as part of the East Youth Work Team to participate in events, training and community development activity
- work in partnership with local stakeholders
- build an evidence base for youth work using LGBTYS learning, planning and evaluation work.
The mission of LGBT Youth Scotland is to play a leading role in the provision of quality youth work to LGBTI young people that promotes their health and wellbeing, and to be a valued and influential partner in LGBTI equality and human rights.