Health in Mind’s re:discover befriending services help people to take the first steps towards meeting new people, rediscovering old hobbies and developing new interests and connections.
It offers six-month matches and is available to anyone living in the Scottish Borders who feels isolated because of mental ill health.
A volunteer will:
- build the person’s confidence and self-esteem
- provide more opportunities for social contact
- support them in building relationships with others
- encourage them to take part in local activities or groups
- help them to pick up old hobbies and interests and discover new ones.
re:discover looks for a minimum commitment of six months from befriending volunteers. It offers training, out of pocket expenses and an opportunity to make a real difference.
An induction training session will be held on Tuesday 30th January, from 10am-2pm in Duns Volunteer Hall. The purpose of the training is to help people find out more about re:discover and the role of a befriending volunteer.
Contact Tracey Dick – Support and Development Worker email@example.com or call 07760 753031.